Today’s Riddle : Who told this qoute ? ” “With great power…comes great need to take a nap. Wake me up later.” and “Humans see what they want to see.”
Hint : Psstt….They both are from Rick Riodran’s books
Last time so many people answered but most of them wwere late so this time there are 2 qoutes ….and in the comments each person can only answer 1 🙂 Big Shoutout to Shanessa for answering the last riddle right ! The answer was Jadis the White Whitch .
Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. This week’s TTT topic is Favorite Book Quotes. I have so many favorite quotes from books that it was impossible to narrow down to just ten favorites.
- “Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” – Neil Gaiman
- “That’s the thing about books. They let you travel without moving your feet.” – Jhumpa Lahiri
- “Books are a uniquely portable magic.” – Stephen King
- A room without books is like a body without a soul.” – Cicero
- “ A book, too, can be a star, a living fire to lighten the darkness, leading out into the expanding universe”– Madeleine L’Engle
- “There is no friend as loyal as a book.” —Ernest Hemingway
- “I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.” – Jane Austen
- “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.” – C.S. Lewis
- “So many Books , So Little time” – Frank Zappa
- “All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.”— J.R.R. Tolkien